Thursday, April 5, 2012

Country Dancing

Last Thursday, I went to Studio 600, for the first time, with Ashley and Amy. It was Amy's 21st birthday, and she loves dancing, so we invited her to come along. Every Tuesday & Thursday is Country night! One of the best parts? Girls just happened to be free on this particular night.
Guys! This was soooo much fun! We missed the hour long lesson that they have at 8:30, but all of the guys that go (for the most part) are really good at country swing, so you don't even have to think about what you're doing; you just let them take the lead. Most of the guys are pretty good about teaching you certain moves too.

If you thought you saw, learned, and/or did cool lifts in ballroom, you have seen nothing! Holy cow! People do the craziest lifts at this thing! You are seriously dancing one second, and then your partner says the name of the lift that you're going to do and before you even have the chance to ask what that is, you're being spun around all over the place and up in the air. Like I said, it's soooo fun!!!

Inbetween the fast country swing and the slower dances, they have a couple of line dances. Some of them are very tricky. They even vamp up the boot scootin' boogie to an entirely new level of epicness, but you can usually catch on pretty quickly, if you stick to the middle of the masses of people.

I also learned that I may have a new stalker. While dancing with this one guy, he asked me if I was going to Anatomy tomorrow. Having never seen this guy before, in my life, I was like, "What? You're in my Anatomy class?" His reply: "Yeah, and I'm also in your Chemistry class." I wasn't sure if I should be flattered or concerned that he was able to recognize me, in a dark night club, when there are more than 300 people in my Anatomy class and around 100 people in my Chemistry class. He was definitely a very good looking guy, but his voice was a little peculiar sounding, kind of high for the voice that you would expect to come out of him.

Well, what's a fabulous night without at least one good story to share? Haha. I must take you guys with me sometime! (If you want to go, that is.) :-)


1 comment:

Haley Thompson said...

Dear Natasha,

All I have to say is... we need to go country dancing! Next time I find myself in Salt Lake we should definitely go! Yes? Yes!

Oh, and I hear you have stories to tell me.

Miss you!

Haley