Before it's way too late, I better mention a little bit about my Easter.
On Easter Sunday, I went home after my ward's sacrament meeting. When I got home, my mom had the cutest little Easter basket for me. She's so sweet!
I've never really loved pink, but I thought it was funny that my basket, eggs, and all of the candy inside my eggs were all pink. My mom loves coordinating. My eggs were full of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups & Rolos. (Both are my favs!) I definitely overdosed on the peanut butter cups though. I also received cute, Easter themed nail files, and I was spoiled to find the DKNY perfume in Be Delicious in my basket, which I have wanted forever. Thanks soooo much mom!
If you know my mom, you also know that she likes to decorate for holidays. She usually goes way over the top. It's not unusual to find holiday themed decorations in every room of our house, even the bathrooms. Haha. This is the only picture that I snapped though; I guess it makes a fun centerpiece.
After lunch, my family and I watched a movie called Tower Heist, which my dad has been wanting to see for quite a while now. It was a good movie, the parts that I saw of it (I fell asleep quite a few times during it, because someone, Chad, had me out until 2 in the morning the night before, which is another blog post in itself). After the movie, I spent some much needed time on our trampoline, with my sister and her friend. It was such a nice day!
My mom made us a very delicious dinner of ham (which I did not partake of), rolls, green bean casserole, and cheesy potatoes. Sooo yummy! Then, we piled into my sister's/family's new car as Ashley drove the ten minutes to my grandparent's house that live in Daybreak. I had never been in the car when she was driving before, it was quite strange, and I can't even count how many times the words "slow down" were said. My mom is just a little paranoid. I'm glad that my dad was the one who I always drove with, he is so much calmer than my mom.
We finished off our Easter by visiting with my grandma and grandpa, playing games & eating brownies & ice-cream. Such a super great day. I love my family so much and I'm so thankful for them!
(For old times sake, I feel like posting this picture again. Pringles make for great duck bills. I wish I still got a new Easter dress every year . . . oh well. Look how little Derek is!)



2 comments:
I love your mom! She has the best ideas. She has quite the creative mind. And I love the old Easter picture of you guys. I want to kiss Derek's cheeks.
I love that old picture of you guys. Its one of my favorites of your family.
Oh, and from your previous blog post, I love all the fingernail polish lineup. Very colorful. :)
Miss you! I'll be home in 2 weeks, so we must hang out! :)
Love ya!
Kylee
Post a Comment