Monday, January 23, 2012

Pokemon . . . & My Weekend

RANDOM/FUNNY MOMENT OF THE DAY:
While in math class and referring to the equation below, my math teacher said, "math is kind of like Pokemon . . . you've got to catch them all." Then he smiled really big and nodded his head a few times (he does this a lot, and it makes him look like a bobble-head, which always cracks me up). Then he said, "this one is really good, it will help you win a lot of battles."
Yeah, my math teacher is extremely quirky and peculiar. He says weird stuff like that every day we have math class. So weird!

Moving on . . . my weekend was quite enjoyable. On Friday night, as I mentioned in my previous post, we went to dinner at The Gateway and to see Brian Regan at Abravanel Hall.
We ate dinner at Z'Tejas.  It was our first time ever eating there and it was actually really good! My sister and I both got GRILLED MISO SALMON: Salmon topped with a sweet & spicy miso glaze, served with a port wine reduction, mashed potato cake and seasonal vegetables. It was sooo amazing! (This is a picture of it from off of their website.)
After dinner, we took the tracks from The Gateway to Abravanel Hall to see Brian Regan! He was sooo funny! My face hurt from laughing so much! One of the best parts was that my dad got us tickets in the front row! (My red arrow is pointing to this fact. I also added a lightning bolt to make it look cooler.)
On Saturday, I went to my favorite Zumba class at the South Jordan Rec. Center and then relaxed at home with my siblings. My sister and I made ramnuni for lunch (mac 'n cheese mixed with ramen noodles, minus  the broth) and then we randomly decided to watch Young Frankenstein. This movie is pretty funny. If you haven't already seen it, then you should watch it . . . at least once . . . at some point in your life. The guy who plays Dr. Frankenstein is the same actor who plays Willy Wonka.
Then Kelly came over and we watched him while his parents went to a movie. I love this kid! He's sooo cute!
His parents wanted to set me up on a date, which I was cool with until I found out that the guy was 29 years old! So, that's like 10 years difference, which is kind of pushing it for me, so I said no thank you. Apparently, they thought I was in my 20's. Anyway, now my hair dresser wants to set me up with this guy that she does hair for too. She's been mentioning him every once in a while to me over the past 2 years, as I've gone in to get my hair done. He just barely got back from his mission last month. She's cutting his hair this week and is going to talk to him then. We shall see if this amounts to anything . . . Also, she said that he's like 6' 5"! Really tall!
Well, I hope you all had a lovely weekend too! If not, hopefully this coming weekend will be better. I love you all! :)

1 comment:

Kylee said...

Woah! Long blog post with lots to talk about! First off, your math teacher sounds super funny. This is the dude that is somewhat good looking, right? Funny+cute=perfect. :) Next, I want to eat that picture of the salmon. I thought about licking the screen, but I thought that might not be such a good idea. I freaking love your lightning bolt! Definitely makes your ticket more awesome, haha! Moving on...you need to make me this ramnuni stuff. You have told me about it before, and now I want to try it. Finally, I want to know how this date thing goes with the guy your hair dresser person mentioned. Keep me updated. :)
Skype? Wednesday? Maybe? Just text me. :)
Love,
Kylee