Saturday, January 28, 2012

Last Friday Night

Unlike Katy Perry's song, Last Friday Night, I did not dance on tabletops, max out my credit cards, or do any of the other crazy things in her song (thank goodness), but I did have a really awesome Friday night!

A big group of friends (like 20 people) and I went to the Utah vs. BYU 2012 Gymnastics Meet at the Huntsman Center , which was amazing! 
There was a crowd of 15,310 people in attendance, which was a super good turnout, exceeding the arena's 15,000-seat capacity. Of course our Ute gymnasts rocked BYU's gymnastics team, 197.550-194.450. After all, our team is ranked 3rd in the nation, so I wouldn't expect anything less.
I also learned that most gymnasts are only like 5' 3". They're sooo tiny, yet super muscly. They must have to do some pretty youchy waxing all the time though . . . definitely not fun! They had some really cool floor and beam routines though. All of which were to songs from the soundtracks of: Take the Lead, Twilight, Step Up, Sherlock Holmes, Puss 'n Boots, and a bunch more songs that I didn't recognize.

Okay, enough bragging and on to my favorite U of U shirt!
My arm was not long enough to capture my entire shirt, so here's a picture of it. I just love how sparkly and blinged out it is! Thus, why it's my favorite U of U shirt!
So, after the gymnastics meet, my friends and I went over to the Institute building for the "after party," that the Institute usually holds after games. These after parties are awesome! This time, they served french toast and soft serve ice-cream cones! How could you have a better combination than those two? Then, they had tons of games and dancing going on, so fun!  & that concludes my "Last Friday Night."

No comments: