For the very first time ever, my family and I had Thanksgiving dinner with just the five of us. Yes, I somehow convinced my mom that we should do this, even though it meant more work on her part. One of the best parts about doing this? All of the food was guaranteed to be delicious and not weird or gross in any way what-so-ever. Plus, we had tons of leftovers, so we got to experience Thanksgiving deliciousness for three days in a row, including the pie!
But before our Thanksgiving feast, we went to the Old Navy in Jordan Landing, which was the only store open at the time. (Back story)- Every year, Old Navy has Gobble Palooza, which is where they offer Black Friday discounts on Thursday, to people who have an Old Navy card, like my mom. So, we were able to get all of the fabulous prices, but without the crazy, bustling crowds of people.
One of coolest things? When we arrived, they gave us 3-D glasses so we could find and read the secret 3-D messages that were hidden throughout the store. (No, I do not have any idea who this guy is. I found this picture online.)

After our Thanksgiving dinner, we went to the movies and saw Puss in Boots. So, it was good/alright. Definitely wait to rent this from Red Box if you ever plan on watching this.
The grand finale to our day? My mom, Ashley, and I, all went to Walmart at 10pm. Don't get me wrong, I've been Black Friday shopping before, but we usually go later in the day, once things have died down. Going to Walmart at 10 at night though, insane! The store was absolutely packed! It was pretty worth it though, because we left the store with about 18 movies and made in home just before 11pm (before it was even Friday). The DVDs were only $1.96 and the blue-rays were only $5! & I got season 2 of the Vampire Diaries for just $10, which is awesome, since it's normally $40!

Now, let me take this moment to tell you how much I absolutely LOVE the Vampire Diaries and Ian Somerhalder (guy on right) who plays Damon.
He's my celeb crush! I think he's so dang hot! He makes my heart sigh . . .
Anyway, I am done obsessing now.
I hope all of you guys had an amazing Thanksgiving Day too!





1 comment:
Glad you had fun! My parents went to Wal Mart at 10 as well. They said it was INSANE!
Haha. Ian's eyes make me melt, too!
Can't wait till Christmas break so I can see you! We'll have to work hard these next few weeks so we can thoroughly enjoy ourselves after its all over.
Post a Comment