Wednesday, June 10, 2009

~A Look Back on May~

Here is a quick look back on all the major events of May (since I lacked to blog about them when they actually took place in May).

Race 4 the Cure! (2009)

We had a huge celebration/surprise party for Kylee's Aunt & Sheli's Sister, Laurie, who is a breast cancer survivor. It was so fun and we got to stay over night at a hotel and help decorate! Sheli is so awesome for planning it!

Taylor Swift Concert!
(Sheli, Me, Kylee, Heather, Jayci, & Amanda)

Taylor Swift gave an amazing concert! She was so full of energy, and the entire show was very creative and wonderful. I was very lucky to be invited to go, since Kylee's mom won tickets on the radio and had an extra ticket.

Haley's 16th Birthday!
While Haley was working away at work, we (Amanda Barwick, Kylee, Amanda Miller, Krysten, and I) went over to Haley's house and with the help of her dad and brother, we managed to fill Haley's room floor to celling with balloons. (Which takes a very long time, and lots of air and patience to do.) It was totally worth every breath though. We hid under the balloons, and when Haley arrived home from work, we popped up and yelled, "Happy Birthday Haley!" It was so hilarious and fun!

"Come up to the Mountain!"

This was a celebration to celebrate the new Draper and Oquirrh Mountain temples. There were many different dances performed, ones for different cultures or historical events pertaining to Utah. I was in a 1920's baseball dance, but there were many other dances, and choir songs as well. Thousands of kids were involved. Overall it was very fun, although the practices were super long, it was worth it, but I'm glad that it's over now.

2 comments:

Kylee said...

ah! All of those events were so much fun. :) Lovely, my dear. :)

~Kylee :)

Sheli said...

You are such a cutie! I love that you like to have so much fun. I love that you like to have fun with Kylee and I. Can't wait for Moab!!