Okay, so, I'm officially two and a half weeks into my Medical Assisting externship now. Can I just say how much I absolutely love it? "I love it!" I love working with the patients and being a step in their recovery process. It's so fun, especially because a good portion of the patients who come in are people I know because they live in my neighborhood. I guess that's because I'm externing at Herriman Family Medicine, and I do live in Herriman, but still. So far, I've been calling the patients back, taking their vitals, practicing drawing blood, running quick strep tests, urinalysis, and administering shots. I can't wait to learn more!
1 comment:
I love how you are "practicing" drawing blood. Sounds so...scary. :P
I'm glad you're having so much fun! I can't imagine how much you are learning. You must be on brain overload every night when you get home, LOL!
Post a Comment